Happy Mother’s Day to all mommy’s and mommy figures! Here are 1o words of encouragement from one mom to another.
1. Trust your instincts.
2. There’s no blueprint or perfect mom… we’re all winging it. Your child is going to absolutely love you from day 1… just keep going, never stop trying!
There’s no blueprint or perfect mom…Tweet Me
3, Being a mom is hard…raising your child or children without community is harder. Intentionally connect with moms and build a community that you can go to for support. They will be helpful from what diapers should I use, should I be concerned about this rash, to what schools should I be looking at. Friends don’t let friends Mom alone!
Friends don’t let friends Mom alone!Tweet Me
4. You are Enough.
5. You’re not crazy! (Lol but seriously) It may take awhile to get back to “you”. Have patience with yourself, you’re doing the best you can.
Have patience with yourself, you’re doing the best you can.Tweet Me
6. Don’t be afraid to say how you feel (and don’t feel guilty for how you feel either).
Don’t be afraid to say how you feel (and don’t feel guilty for how you feel either).Tweet Me
7. Ask for (and Accept) Help,
8. Remember That Nothing Goes as Planned.
9. Don’t Forget to Take Care of Yourself.
10. Don’t Be Afraid to Ignore Advice. It’s extremely valuable to listen to the experience and perspectives of others, as it can help you form your own opinions, but make sure that you know that what is right for some families may not be right for yours. Let your motherly instinct kick-in and listen to it instead,” they say.
Thank you for reading, #keepstruttin